Unathi Nkayi Explains Why She Waited A Year To Take Legal Action Against Kaya 959 After Getting Fired

Unathi Nkayi Explains Why She Waited A Year To Take Legal Action Against Kaya 959 After Getting Fired. The embattled television and radio personality had been involved in a spat with the radio station after she had allegedly been involved in a verbal altercation with former coworker, Sizwe Dhlomo.

The official preview for Gareth Cliff’s podcast called ‘UnCancelled’ meant to stimulate debate around people being “cancelled”, will have Unathi Nkayi as one of its guest. Nkayi left Kaya 959 in 2021 after she was found to have allegedly lied about Sizwe Dhlomo verbally abusing her. After being fired from the radio station she then took to her Instagram page to inform people that she was not allowed to speak on the matter at that particular time as her contractual agreement had gagged her from doing so.

Speaking for the first time on the matter in the preview posted to her Instagram page for the highly anticipated interview on the podcast, Unathi revealed the moments she found out about her axing from Kaya 959 and the advise her parents gave her on going the legal route with the radio station.

Six minutes after ten, they have sent out a press release ‘We,ve fired the b****!’ First person I call is my mom, she is like, ‘You’re gonna sue them. I said ‘No, I’m not’, she says ‘You gonna sue them’, I said ‘No, I’m not’. You gonna use this constitution that we have which is one of the best in the world, and you gonna sue do you hear me? So, I go ‘Ewe, Ma,’ Unathi shares.

“David calls me, he says mom and dad have spoken to me they have told me you don’t want to sue. They are telling me you are gonna sue, so, we are suing! Dad was like you not gonna touch them for at least a year. So, I am like ‘Why?’ He’s like, ‘They will turn on each other’. I am like ‘Daddy, there’s no way they are gonna turn on each other he says to me, ‘My child, our people have told me that I must tell you you gonna wait a year and let them turn on each other’. So, when they fired Sibongile my dad said ‘Now you can go,'” Nkayi added.

Kaya 959’s manager Sibongile Mtyali was also fired in November of 2022, after Sizwe Dhlomo had complained that she was not doing anything about dealing with the late arrival of his colleague, Mpho Maboi for a show they both hosted.

The post <em>Unathi Nkayi Explains Why She Waited A Year To Take Legal Action Against Kaya 959 After Getting Fired</em> appeared first on OkMzansi.



from OkMzansi https://ift.tt/0P6KVeM
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

See Inside! Anele Mdoda’s Star Studded Wimbledon Themed Mansion Birthday Celebration

Ex Skeem Saam Actor Cornet Mamabolo Shares Cryptic Message Following His Role Recasting

Pics! Linda Mtoba Celebrates Daughter Bean’s 2nd Birthday With A Tutu Themed Party