Somizi Reacts To Rorisang Thandekiso Being Called Names Because She Doesn’t Believe In Ancestors

Somizi Reacts To Rorisang Thandekiso Being Called Names Because She Doesn’t Believe In Ancestors. The actor and media personality is the latest celebrity to opine on Rorisang being subjected to bigotry while on a show.

Thandekiso recently had a debate on Mzansi Magic’s show called ‘Black Conversation’. The show encourages South Africans to openly discuss what others deem as “taboo” subjects on “Blackness.” The conversations are centred around issues of Black Spirituality, Black Pride, Black Mental Health, Black Love, Black Storytelling and Black Success.

Rorisang and Bishop Maponga—an African spiritualist and traditionalist had been debating the importance of spiritual intervention in one’s life. The two also dived in on what it means to be the owner of your spiritual life and the certain liturgies one can partake in. Whilst the debate went on, disagreements between Maponga and Rorisang continued. At one point the bishop even called the TV host schizophrenic for being a devout Christian and not considering ancestral worship.

Thandekiso then responded in a classy manner to his bigoted statement saying, “I have never ever spoken to an ancestor, I will never ever speak to an ancestor. My reference for me is biblical. I have never visited, sought counsel from an ancestor and I will never do it. My experience with Christ is enough. Whether I come and visit you and I found out and learn about ancestors and I find out who the Miyas all come from, what they eat and how I got here.

And all four thousand of them that led to me, I honour them for living their lives as best as they can. To have given me an opportunity for my mother and father to meet at some point and I give glory to God that he saw it fit that I live . But for me then schizophrenic one Jesus is enough for me,” Thandekiso concluded.

Somizi Mhlongo also gave his opinion on the matter saying that he was very respectful of people’s religious beliefs and religious tolerance was very important in this day and age.

Me and Rorisang are on two opposite sides of religious beliefs, I only believe in God and I honour my ancestors. I slaughter, I pahla, I don’t worship my ancestors. However, why do people feel the need to impose their religion or beliefs on other people. What is it that you stand to lose if I don’t believe in Christianity for instance? What do I lose if you don’t believe in ancestors? Can’t we all just respect each others religions. What Rorisang did there is commendable and remarkable. I respect her even 10 times more,” Somizi said.

The post Somizi Reacts To Rorisang Thandekiso Being Called Names Because She Doesn’t Believe In Ancestors appeared first on OkMzansi.



source https://okmzansi.co.za/somizi-reacts-to-rorisang-thandekiso-being-called-names-because-she-doesnt-believe-in-ancestors/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

See Inside! Anele Mdoda’s Star Studded Wimbledon Themed Mansion Birthday Celebration

Ex Skeem Saam Actor Cornet Mamabolo Shares Cryptic Message Following His Role Recasting

Pics! Linda Mtoba Celebrates Daughter Bean’s 2nd Birthday With A Tutu Themed Party